Western Frontiers with Rocky Mountaineer Silverleaf
Your wild west tour at its best. This exploration of the American frontier is filled with local encounters and natural wonders-from the Black Hills to Bryce Canyon's spires and Crazy Horse and Mount Rushmore to Cody's Buffalo Bill Center. Two nights in Yellowstone ensure you don’t miss a thing. Extend your journey through the Rockies with a rail journey onboard the Rocky Mountaineer across the Continental Divide.
- 1 Welcome Reception (WR)
- 11 Breakfast (B)
- 1 Lunch (L)
- 4 Dinner (D)
- Billings: Learn all about Billing's railroad history during a Be My Guest dinner at the historic Billings Depot. Built in 1903 as a hub for three major railroads passing through town, it is now a non-profit organization. A historian from the nearby Western Heritage Center will be your host for the evening and will share the rail industry's importance to Big Sky Montana. Afterwards, a local chef will delight you with a wonderful three-course menu .
- Las Vegas: Get a glimpse of Las Vegas from the sky as you hop on the High Roller, North America's tallest observation wheel standing 550 feet tall. The 30-minute ride offers breathtaking, 360-degree views of the glittering lights and neon of the Strip below.
- Zion National Park: Connect to history as you wander paths and trails, following in the footsteps of Native Americans and the earliest pioneers. Lush vegetation, wild rivers, roaring waterfalls and towering cliffs characterise the natural beauty of this park.
- Bryce Canyon National Park: Pink, orange and rusty-red limestone spires, known as hoodoos, rise up from the desert floor at Bryce Canyon, home to the largest collection of these spires in the world.
- Salt Lake City: Your Tour Director will point out key features and areas of interest on arrival to Salt Lake City.
- Idaho Falls: Enjoy a self-guided visit of the Idaho Potato Museum where you'll learn about the many facets of the potato industry from planting and irrigation to harvesting and processing. After your tour you'll get to taste a real Idaho baked potato with all the fixings followed by Potato Ice Cream.
- Yellowstone National Park: Without a doubt a bucket list destination for many travelers - welcome to Yellowstone National Park. Established as America's first National Park by President Grant in 1872 Yellowstone is famous for it's hot springs, bubbling mud pots, vast canyons and lush forests as far as the eye can see.
- Cody: You'll get a glimpse into the "Spirit of the West" at the Buffalo Bill Center for the West museum complex. As you wonder through this huge set of exhibits you'll feel like you've been transported back to a time of cowboys and cowgirls, gun-toting lawmen and brave Native American warriors.
- Little Big Horn: We travel to the famous historical site of Little Bighorn, the battlefield where General Custer and his men were roundly defeated by combined forces of Sioux, Cheyenne, and Arapaho Tribal warriors in 1876.
- Black Hills: Contribute to the preservation of the heritage of Native Americans during a visit to the Crazy Horse Memorial. This iconic monument represents the Oglala Lakota warrior 'Crazy Horse' on land considered sacred, in the Black Hills of South Dakota.
- Mount Rushmore: We’ll visit Mount Rushmore National Memorial, where you can view the faces of four of America’s most important presidents, dramatically etched into the granite rock face. Carved into the face of Mount Rushomore are the faces of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, and Theodore Roosevelt.
- Rapid City: Meet Stephen Yellowhawk or a Lakota Tribe Member and discover the history of his tribe during a festive evening of dance and song.
- : Explore the historic Billings Depot, the High Roller in Las Vegas
- : Visit Zion, Bryce Canyon, Yellowstone, Grand Teton National Park, Jackson, the Buffalo Bill Center of the West in Cody, Little Bighorn Battlefield
- : View Crazy Horse Memorial, iconic Mount Rushmore in South Dakota
- : An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- : Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- : All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- : All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- : Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- : Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- : Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- : All transport and transfers shown
- : Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- : Optional Experiences and free time
- : On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilised.
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- All transport and transfers shown
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
- On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilised.
Imagine unmissable experiences you've always dreamed of, getting to know the locals and having everything taken care of every step of the way.
Here's what you'll experience:
Must-sees to local secrets
Visiting bucket list sites are a highlight of traveling, however, traveling on your own can make them hard work. Don't queue with other sightseers for hours, with Trafalgar our experts unlock doors - think exclusive access to the Vatican out of hours or a...