Stanley Wing Safari
Stanley Wing Safari
The Best of Kenya & Tanzania
The Stanley Wing, named for the iconic 19th-century Africa explorer Henry Morton Stanley, may be Micato's most comprehensive and popular safari. We range through East Africa widely and leisurely, from Nairobi into the shadow of Mount Kilimanjaro in southern Kenya and farther into Tanzania, with luxuriously long stays in some of the continent's most treasured and exhilarating game parks. The Stanley Wing is a matchless introduction to the dreamt-of Africa; it's also a marvelous way to experience that Africa yet again.
Stanley, a world celebrity for finding Dr. David Livingstone in 1871 after a gruesome 700-mile trek from Zanzibar to Lake Tanganyika (he legendarily greeted the famed missionary with the words "Dr. Livingstone, I presume?"), still ignites controversy among historians (they don't call you Bula Matari-Breaker of Rocks- for your mild manners). But a couple of things about him are sure. He was a very tough fellow, and he was hopelessly enthralled by Africa and the "sweet and novel pleasure of indifference to all things earthly" that it offers the traveller, "one of the most soul-lulling pleasures a mortal can enjoy."
- Daily game drives, optional bush walks in the Maasai Mara, and horsebacking along the base of lordly Mount Kenya.
- The historic Mount Kenya Safari Club: golf on the equator, spa treatments while gazing out at Mount Kenya, bicycling, fishing on the great mountain’s foothill streams.
- Unique wildlife encounters: at a chimpanzee sanctuary and a heart-tugging visit with orphaned and abandoned wildlife at Mount Kenya Safari Club’s animal orphanage.
- Visit to AmericaShare’s Harambee Centre in Nairobi, lunch with Felix and Jane Pinto.
- Service at every step by your Micato Safari Director and 24 x 7 backup from our Concierge Service.
- National Parks and Preserves
- Safari, Animals, and Wildlife